Postgres/C'ish question

From: "Kristopher Kiger" <kris(at)digonex(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres/C'ish question
Date: 2009-07-28 19:20:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

If I execute a command-line C program that is in charge of running a
postgres function that will execute a .so written in C multiple times.
my question is this: if there is unfreed memory allocated from the .so
after the execution of one function call from postgres through this
script, will that unfreed memory be released for the next time postgres
calls this function through the script or will the memory stay unfreed
and execution continue till either the script finishes or the buildup of
unfreed heap in the .so causes the function to segfault? Is this more
of an OS question?