{I} One Information required...

From: "Premnath, KN" <Premnath(dot)KN(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: {I} One Information required...
Date: 2006-02-09 07:17:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
When I try to run "initdb" id get the messing "creating
template1 database in c:/postgres/data/base/1 ... Execution of PostgreS
QL by a user with administrative permissions is not permitted. The
server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent possible
system security compromises. See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server."
OS I am using : "Windows 2000 Professional"

I understand this message. Actually I created a new user
"postgres" with password as different than "postgres", also gave
permission to the "c:\postgres" (installation folder) with "postgres"
user permission. When I specify "runas /noprofile /user:postgres cmd"
and then when I specify "initdb" I am getting the above error message,
this is with Postgres 8.1, in the past with postgres 7.x I am not facing
this problem.
One surprising observation what I see is that => when I run
"initdb" the cmd shell is showing "The files belonging to this database
system will be owned by user "pk00xxxx".
This user must also own the server process." where "pk00xxxx" is the
machine what I logged in.

Question:
How to configure "initdb" to use "postgres" instead of
"pk00xxxx" user. Anyone kindly help in this regard.

Thank You.

With warm regards,
Premnath.k.n

Siemens Communication Software,
2nd floor, Shankara Narayana Building-1,
25/1 Mahatma Gandhi Road,
Bangalore - 560 001,
India.
Phone: Off : 91-80-2506 2400, 2559 4067 - 73
Extn : 6369
Fax : 91-80-2506 2406
Resi : 91-80-28436106
Mobile: 91-98445 19798
Email: Premnath(dot)kn(at)siemens(dot)com