Re: Postgres derived databases

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Lukas Kahwe Smith" <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres derived databases
Date: 2006-10-25 20:35:02
Lists: pgsql-www
> Hi,
>
> I have started work on a list of Postgres derived databases
> [1]. It would probably make sense to only cover PostgreSQL
> derived databases, which would drop Illustra and PostgreSQL
> itself from the list.
>
> Also it would make sense to add to this table a number of fields:
> - name of the company that owns/develops the database
> - availability (since/until)
>
> Maybe it also makes sense to list if they contribute code
> back at all or not. Not sure.
>
> It might make sense to add this to the about section of the
> main site [2]. Its sort of marketing-ish I would say
>
> I never added anything to the PostgreSQL site, so before I go
> through the trouble of finding the ins and outs I wanted to
> get a go ahead from this list. If I do get a go ahead a few
> pointers about how to proceed would also be nice.

I think this sounds interesting. Your options are basicalyl either to
use techdocs (which would make it really easy to add), or to create a
standard page. To create a standard page, look at the stuff that's in
template/ in the web cvs tree
(http://gborg.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/portal/template/?cvsroot
=pgweb) to see how they are made.

//Magnus