Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Jeremy Drake" <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: src/tools/msvc usage instructions
Date: 2006-10-01 19:14:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I was just trying to build using the src/tools/msvc scripts
> on windows, and I was wondering if there were any
> instructions on how to do this, what prerequisites there are,
> where to get them, etc. I couldn't find any, but I may not
> know the correct place to look.

That's on my TODO list to write, but I haven't had the time yet. The
basic is that if you disable everything in the config.pl file, you can
run with almost no external dependencies. You'll need flex+bison if
buliding off CVS.
Oh, and it requires Visual C++ 2005. Should work fine with the Express
version.

If you need any specifics, feel free to ping me for it pending that
readme file.

//Magnus