Re: tsearch2 vs core?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Teodor Sigaev" <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch2 vs core?
Date: 2005-06-27 15:21:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Now that we have both WAL logging and better concurrency for GiST
> > indexes (great job btw, this will push at least one of my projects
> > into using 8.1 the day it is released - or more likely, at
> RC stage),
> > are there any plans to move tsearch2 from contrib to core?
>
> tsearch2 now doesn't support multibyte encoding and has
> problems with UTF :(.

Oops. Didn't know that. All my affected DBs are LATIN1 (or ASCII in one
case).

Any plans on fixing this? Don't want to rush you or anything considering
you just made my day with this latest commit, but it'd be interesting to
know if it's "on it's way" or for some reason "not going to happen"?

//Magnus