Re: BUG #1463: Borland C++ problem

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Vojtech Rysanek" <vorysanek(at)seznam(dot)cz>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1463: Borland C++ problem
Date: 2005-02-08 11:34:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference: 1463
> Logged by: Vojtech Rysanek
> Email address: vorysanek(at)seznam(dot)cz
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0
> Operating system: Windows
> Details:
>
> Hello,
> the compiling Borland C++ .lib and .dlls does not work. When
> I try to compile this in agreement with instructions on your
> web page
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/install-win32.html
> it crashes with error that the bcc32.mak could not recieve
> win32.obj and others (they are not in Release folder and the
> make does not know how to build them). When I downloaded
> older version, I thing 7.4.6, than after small fix It works
> (.lib and .dll are created well) and run in Borland C++. But
> in new version it does not work. Please check this out and
> send me any questions about that

The Borland C++ port is more or less unmaintained at the moment. There
is nobody doing active development who has access to Borland C++. If you
want to figure out what needs to be changed you can probabyl track the
changes to the win32.mak file (for visual C++) in CVS and apply
corresponding changes to the Borland files.

//Magnus