Re: BUG #1400: libeay32.dll error

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Michel Moreira" <webmaster(at)riachao(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #1400: libeay32.dll error
Date: 2005-01-15 17:44:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Bug reference: 1400
>Logged by: Michel Moreira
>Email address: webmaster(at)riachao(dot)com
>PostgreSQL version: 8.0.0rc5
>Operating system: Windows XP SP2
>Details:
>
>When i start postgres.exe, is reported a error with
>libeay32.dll, about a function that isn't found.

RC5 checks the DLL version on install. At least it's supposed to. Are
you saying this failed, or that the DLL was changed *after* the install?

> I suggest that the installer copies the
>ssleay32.dll and libeay32.dll to the bin directory, cause
>other installers
>can overwrite those dlls and the service wouldn't start.

The problem is that they are used by libpq, which is in SYSTEM32, so
they have to be there as well.
Are you saying a different installer overwrote it? Then that installer
is in error, because it clearly replaced it with an older version.
(Now granted the openssl DLL files don't contain version information -
something I'm in contact with the openssl guys about - but that's not an
excuse for the installer to downgrade it. It just makes life a lot
harder for the installers..)

//Magnus