Re: configuration problems of postgresql under windows xp

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Constanze Tschritter" <Conny3(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: configuration problems of postgresql under windows xp
Date: 2005-01-09 14:26:48
Lists: pgsql-general

>my team and I have to work with postgresql, apache and the umn
>mapserver for
>a student project. The only problem is that not one of us has
>ever worked
>with postgresql and now, after having installed the rc2
>Version for windows
>we don't know how to configure the software. After searching
>the whole net
>for tips and hints we are still clueless, 'cause everyone just
>describes how
>to configure it under linux. Please don't say we should take
>linux, 'cause
>we can't work with linux because of our project pardners who
>wanted it to
>work under windows.
>
>If someone has some tips, it would really help us.

Thei nstaller should have added shortcuts to all the required
configuration files in the start menu. For documentation about what the
different parameters do, make sure you install the documentation and it
should all be there. Or check the developer docs on
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing (the main docs are for 7.4
still). The configuration parameters are teh same on Windows and on
linux/unix.

//Magnus