Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: Kristian Jörg <krjg(at)devo(dot)se>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgresQL 8 beta 4 bugs
Date: 2004-11-14 13:12:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>Hello, I have found two bugs relating to the Windows port, i.e
>installing on Windows XP Professional.
>
>1) Trying to install with finnish locale does not work, the service
>starts but installation procedure halts in the end when trying to
>install and activate "procedural languages" if I remember
>correctly. It
>seems to be reproducable every time. I tried installing with
>the swedish
>locale also which is very similar to the finnish, and that worked
>without problems.

Hmm. it installs just fine on my XP Pro (SP2) with Finnish locale.
What does the log show for these issues? (It's in the PGDATA directory, in the subdirectory pg_log)

>2) When installing the first time everything is OK. A Postgres account
>is created. When un-installing and trying to install again,
>the postgres
>accunt is already there, and the installation program cannot handle
>that. Errors occur and instalation is impossible. Manually
>deleting the
>postres account before reinstalling is a workaround, however the
>installation program should be able to handle the postgres account
>beeing there.

I do this all the time, and I've had zero problems with this. Just input the same username and password and it shuold be picked up and used without any problems.
What errors are you seeing exactly?

//Magnus