Re: BUG: 8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Glen Parker" <glenebob(at)nwlink(dot)com>, "Postgres General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BUG: 8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server
Date: 2004-08-19 08:15:24
Lists: pgsql-general

> 8.0 beta1 does not run on Windows 2000 Terminal Server.
>
> This is the http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/ download from
> 08/09/2004. It ran OK for me on Win2K Pro, so I suspect this
> is caused by
> the terminal server stuff; I have experienced differences in
> shared memory
> code between terminal server and non terminal server in the past.
>
> postmaster throws this error immediately.
>
> FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: No error
> DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001,
> size=10731520, 03600).

This is a known issue, currently under investigation. It's (somewhat
incorrectly) being tracked by the pginstaller bug tracker, because
that's where it was first added. Bruce, can we get this one on the open
items as well? "Fix shared memory on Win2k terminal server".

Glen - can you confirm if this happens only on terminal server in
"Application Mode" or if it also affects "Remote Administration Mode"?

//Magnus