User Problem In PostgreSQL on Mac OS X

From: Robert Prather <robertprather(at)mac(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Robert Prather <robertprather(at)mac(dot)com>
Subject: User Problem In PostgreSQL on Mac OS X
Date: 2003-02-23 13:40:48
Lists: pgsql-novice
This will likely sound stupid, but I installed PostgreSQL on my Mac a
few weeks ago and got diverted.  I tried to return to it and discovered
that I had created a user called "postgre", which is the primary user.
The user appears in the user list in the System Requirements panel but
can't be edited, at least not by me.

Now for the stupid part: I forgot the password for that user.  I
installed it using FINK and everything went well as I recall.  Do I
need to uninstall the software?  If so, is there an easy way to do
this?  Or can I somehow retrieve the password for user postgre?

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert Prather

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: brewDate: 2003-02-23 20:39:42