Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII

From: "Asger Petersen" <asger(at)jo-informatik(dot)dk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extremely slow queries in pgAdminIII
Date: 2005-03-29 09:13:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

> I've seen problems on a 1GB network some weeks ago, which
> disappeared as soon as an *additional* 1GB switch was
> inserted into the network. This could have been caused by
> large frames or so, I wasn't able to dig further (e.g. NIC
> parameters).

There is a thread on pgsql-general which might be related to this problem http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-03/msg01086.php. So far the problem hasn't been accurately identified, but they also lean towards some kind of networking problem. I think the thread also shows, that the problem isn´t related to pgadmin.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards
Asger Petersen