Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD

From: Robert Creager <Robert(dot)Creager(at)Oracle(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alex Hunsaker <badalex(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org" <pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] CREATE FUNCTION hang on test machine polecat on HEAD
Date: 2011-06-08 15:13:38
Lists: buildfarm-members pgsql-hackers

On Jun 7, 2011, at 11:32 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> But I tried "make installcheck" in plperl quite a few times with no
> problems. (And yes, I tried some assorted settings of PERL_HASH_SEED,
> as well as none at all.)
>
> At this point I'm thinking that the perl you've got in /opt/local must
> be bollixing the works somehow, though it's not clear how. It's also
> really strange that it evidently only fails some of the time ...

I've renamed /opt/local so it's not picked up, and change HEAD to build every 6 hours. Won't prove it doesn't happen though... If it appears to work for a bit, I can move /opt/local back and see what happens.

I'll see about setting up my iMac at home for the build farm for another Apple machine.

Anything you'd like to change, or run, or something else?

Later,
Rob