Re: BUG #15655: local machines pushed openvpn dns issue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Affee, Anthony" <aaffee(at)follett(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15655: local machines pushed openvpn dns issue
Date: 2019-02-25 22:30:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Affee, Anthony" <aaffee(at)follett(dot)com> writes:
> Thank you for the quick reply. Running that command while on the VPN shows the correct output. This is indeed a weird issue. I guess this in the end would be an OS/libc issue since I am not using anything from AWS locally. That is why I skipped the PG Client software and just used the command line to see if that would resolve the issue, but if you are saying its determined by the libc used on MacOS, then that has to be the only thing left in the chain. Do you happen to know how I could open a bug report for the correct one MacOS has that PG is using?

Hm ... lots of people use PG on Macs, and I don't recall hearing similar
complaints before. So I'm still inclined to think this is mostly an AWS
issue; maybe their DNS server isn't acting as Apple expects?

You could try filing a gripe at

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

but IME you shouldn't expect a speedy response. Pursuing it concurrently
with AWS would be advisable.

regards, tom lane