Re: Windows env returns error while running "select pgstatindex"

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows env returns error while running "select pgstatindex"
Date: 2011-08-24 15:45:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com> writes:
> Em 24-08-2011 11:27, Tom Lane escreveu:
>> Hmm. I agree we need to avoid executing 0/0 here, but should we force
>> the result to 0, or to NaN?

> If it returns NaN on other platforms, let's be consistent.

I kinda suspect that the NaN behavior was not designed but accidental.
What I'm wondering is whether it's really the "right", sensible,
behavior.

On reflection I suspect it isn't --- it'd bollix sum() or avg()
calculations over the function's results, for instance. But now
I'm not sure zero is the right thing to put in, either.