Re: Remaining beta blockers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remaining beta blockers
Date: 2013-05-04 17:29:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK, how are we for bata packaging on Monday? I don't see how we can do
> that until we decide on how to handle unlogged materialized views.

In the interests of moving the discussion along, attached are draft
patches to show what I think we should do in 9.3. The first patch
disables the unlogged-matviews feature at the user level (and perhaps
could be reverted someday), while the second one moves
scannability-state storage into a pg_class column.

I had previously proposed that we keep scannability state in reloptions,
but that turns out not to be terribly easy because the relcache doesn't
store the reloptions part of the pg_class row; so this patch does it
with a new boolean column instead.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
disallow-unlogged.patch text/x-patch 7.1 KB
move-scannability-state.patch text/x-patch 45.9 KB