Re: Setting expire date on insert/modify

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: "Foster, Stephen" <stephenlfoster(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Setting expire date on insert/modify
Date: 2006-01-25 00:57:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jan 25, 2006, at 9:45 , Foster, Stephen wrote:

> ERROR: invalid input syntax for type date: "StartDate"
> CONTEXT: SQL statement "SELECT (date 'StartDate' + integer
> 'NumOfDays')"
> PL/pgSQL function "TF_BannerAd_Ads_InsMod" line 8 at assignment

Why are you single-quoting StartDate and NumOfDays? Single-quotes are
generally used for string literals (e.g., text and varchar types). If
you are trying to preserve the case of the variable name, you need to
(always) use double-quotes, including when you define them.

Hope this helps a bit. I haven't looked through all of the code, so
there may be other bugs lurking, but this is definitely one of the
problems.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com