Re: Memory Leakage Problem

From: "John Sidney-Woollett" <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "John Sidney-Woollett" <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com>, "pgsql general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Memory Leakage Problem
Date: 2005-12-13 16:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Tom Lane said:
> John Sidney-Woollett <johnsw(at)wardbrook(dot)com> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> *What* is consuming memory, exactly --- which processes?
>
>> Sorry but I don't know how to determine that.
>
> Try "ps auxw", or some other incantation if you prefer, so long as it
> includes some statistics about process memory use. What you showed us
> is certainly not helpful.

At the moment not one process's VSZ is over 16Mb with the exception of one
of the slon processes which is at 66Mb.

I'll run this over the next few days and especially as the server starts
bogging down to see if it identifies the culprit.

Is it possible to grab memory outsize of a processes space? Or would a
leak always show up by an ever increasing VSZ amount?

Thanks

John