Re: log : bad file dscriptor????

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ati Rosselet <ati(dot)rosselet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: log : bad file dscriptor????
Date: 2010-03-12 00:40:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:47 AM, Heikki Linnakangas <
heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Gurjeet Singh wrote:
>
>> On Windows, the write to log file is done by a thread (whose main
>> function is pipeThread() ), and since it works completely independent of
>> the
>> SysLoggerMain() ( which is responsible for calling logfile_rotate()
>> periodically, which in turn changes the global variable syslogFile) this
>> is
>> causing a race condition due to an error in the way we are using the
>> related
>> critical section.
>>

> Thanks, committed. I hope this helps with Ati's problems.

It seems this commit never made it to the release notes. A customer came
asking for the fix to this very problem, and although we know that the issue
has been fixed, we could not refer him to the release notes. All we could
suggest was to do the minor upgrade.

I could not find any more reports of this bug after the fix was committed.
So what would it take to make release notes say that it has been fixed?

Best regards,
--
gurjeet.singh
@ EnterpriseDB - The Enterprise Postgres Company

singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | yahoo }.com
Twitter/Skype: singh_gurjeet

Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device