Re: Silent installation and port configuration with initdb=0

From: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ralf Butler <ralf(dot)butler(at)web(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Silent installation and port configuration with initdb=0
Date: 2009-06-15 15:06:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Ralf Butler <ralf(dot)butler(at)web(dot)de> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I conduct a silent installation of PostgreSQL in windows. I would like
> to specify a different port during installation. There is the argument
> LISTENPORT which I could use. But the problem is that I set INITDB=0
> during the silent installation and I read that LISTENPORT can be set
> only when INITDB is 1.
>
> The question is now how to specify the port during installation. Or is
> there another way to do it via the commandline after installation?

On a tangent, is there a way to specify a GUC variable's initial value when
running initdb?

For eg., for setting port number at initdb, wouldn't it be helpful to say:

initdb -o "port=1521" -D /mydatadir

Just checked, PGPORT is (understandably) not honored by initdb.

Best regards,
--
Lets call it Postgres

gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com
singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | indiatimes | yahoo }.com
Mail sent from my BlackLaptop device