Re: Compiling/Installing as a non-admin user

From: "Gurjeet Singh" <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ritesh Nadhani" <riteshn(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compiling/Installing as a non-admin user
Date: 2006-11-01 07:57:20
Lists: pgsql-general

You are talking about /usr/local/data; so I assume that you are trying this
on Linux or some other Nixen.

You just need to use the --prefix option to configure... Here's what I
typically do:

Download/'CVS checkout' the sources. Enter the source directory, and invoke
configure like this:

./configure --enable-debug --prefix `pwd`/db CFLAGS=-O0

And the run 'make' and 'make install'. This will install the data in your
<sources_dir>/db/data.

HTH...

Regards,

--
gurjeet[(dot)singh](at)EnterpriseDB(dot)com
singh(dot)gurjeet(at){ gmail | hotmail | yahoo }.com