Re: and here is a free OSS library to do ....

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: and here is a free OSS library to do ....
Date: 2004-06-24 08:27:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Jun 24, 2004, at 3:10 PM, Dennis Gearon wrote:

> Sorting of unicode
> Regex of unicode
> charset conversions
> and MUCH more
>
> I think the library is robust and trustable, it's by a, well, uh,
> large software company committed to open source.
>
> http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/
>
> although it talks about Java, go ALL the way to the bottom, and it can
> be seen that they develop a parallel C/C++ version .

Wow! And wow again!

My first reaction is that this is really cool. I haven't looked at it
in depth, being entirely unqualified to do so, but that's my first
reaction. My second reaction is wondering whether the X license is
compatible with the BSD license, and I'm even less qualified to answer
that. But I'd love to hear from those more knowledgeable in both areas
if this can help PostgreSQL.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com