Re: 8.2 feature set

From: Rick Gigger <rick(at)alpinenetworking(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.2 feature set
Date: 2006-08-02 22:43:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but as far as I can tell
there are only 2 features so far that I've seen discussed on hackers
that are looking really good to me. I'm sure all the little changes
will add up to a big win but these are the only two that would make
me feel an urgent need to go through the hassle of upgrading.

1) Standby mode
2) Improvements to PITR making it easier to set up.

If I could have asked for any two features to be implemented in
postgres it would probably have been these two, so I am very
curious. Are these two features definitely in, definitely out or
still up in the air as far as 8.2 in concerned?