Re: PostgreSQL Write Performance

From: Yan Cheng Cheok <yccheok(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Write Performance
Date: 2010-01-05 05:04:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Instead of sending 1000++ INSERT statements in one shot, which will requires my application to keep track on the INSERT statement.

Is it possible that I can tell PostgreSQL,

"OK. I am sending you INSERT statement. But do not perform any actual right operation. Only perform actual write operation when the pending statement had reached 1000"

Thanks and Regards
Yan Cheng CHEOK