Re: general trouble installing languages

From: Cindy <ctmoore(at)uci(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: general trouble installing languages
Date: 2002-09-17 18:28:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Oliver Elphick writes:

> Cindy wrote:
>> ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: ld.so.1: /usr/l
>ocal
>> /pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: libperl.so.1: open failed: No such file or di
>rect
>> ory
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>It is missing libperl, that is the shared library version of Perl
>itself. This is not part of PostgreSQL, so rebuilding PostgreSQL will
>do you no good at all.
>
>You need to build Perl from source or install a shared library package
>of it.

Thanks. I guess I was looking for a message more like that indicated
in the install docs, but since I didn't do the initial installation,
for all I know that was overlooked. I'll ask our admin about the
shared library package. They probably have it in a nonstandard
directory <sigh>.

--
Cindy
ctmoore(at)uci(dot)edu