Re: OO Patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Chris <chris(at)bitmead(dot)com>, Postgres Hackers List <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OO Patch
Date: 2000-05-19 04:14:38
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

> I guess what I might have alluded to with "design document" is that you
> would have explained that connection, because I did look at the old
> thread(s) and didn't have any clue what was decided upon.

AFAIR, nothing was decided on ;-) ... the list has gone 'round on this
topic a few times without achieving anything you could call consensus.

I think Robert Easter might have his hands on the right idea: there
is more than one concept here, and more than one set of applications
to be addressed. We need to break things down into component concepts
rather than trying for a one-size-fits-all solution.

> I'll tell you what, I have some time next week, and I'll read up on SQL3.
> Perhaps I'll survive it. ;-)

Daniel enters the lions' den ... good luck ;-)