Re: development questions

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: development questions
Date: 2004-02-16 14:49:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Hello Dave, Alexey, everyone!
Just an idea.

If the main issue is time for the www leaders, like you and Marc, would
it help if someone (me) could make a voluntary donation (in money)
which can be used to further enhance some parts of the site? This could
pay your time or Marc's time as if it was a professional assignment.

I am personally work on the XML feature, I should have an alpha version
later tonight. But if the issue is the time, I could make such a
donation.

For the record I am doing this without any sort of hidden benefit. I
work full time as a College Professor so I do not have a development
company who might
possibly benefit from a new website functionality. My gesture is for
the good of the community.

Talking about the PHP world, which I am part of, I think there is a lot
of potential. People are using MySQL because has this myth of being
easier to use, but also
because they do have an excellent documentation (we have that too) and
because of the advocacy work.

I am ready to help out with some intensive advocacy to the PHP world.
If some new website functionality might help, why not ?

Cheers
David Costa