Re: Mixed client_encoding database question

From: rsmogura <rsmogura(at)mail(dot)softperience(dot)eu>
To: <jhondius(at)rem(dot)nl>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mixed client_encoding database question
Date: 2011-01-11 11:01:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I suggest you to recreate database in WIN1521 encoding, so Java will
not write unsupported characters. As well you can configure JDBC in way
it will allow You to change client encoding, so you can change it to
WIN. In both of above You will get error when you will try to write
unsupported characters.

You may also do
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/sql-createconversion.html

Radosław Smogura,