How to store a password encripted in a user defined table

From: Eugenio Flores <eflores767003(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to store a password encripted in a user defined table
Date: 2007-03-01 06:31:11
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello, I wonder if somebody knows how to store passwords in a column that is part of a user defined table.

I've been searching and reading the documentation, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I just get password subjects related to client's connections to the database.

Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide.