Re: Updatable views

From: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updatable views
Date: 2006-08-24 20:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

--On Montag, August 21, 2006 02:07:41 -0400 Alvaro Herrera

> Hi,
>
> This is the patch for updatable views I've been able to come up with. A
> nasty bug was just discovered in the upcoming Mammoth Replicator release
> so I'm not sure if I'm going to have time to work more on it soon.
>
> So, I'll appreciate if somebody else takes the responsability to fix the
> remaining issues. I've put a lot of XXX's and some FIXME's. Some
> functions are in need of some comments as well.
>
> The new files are src/backend/rewrite/viewUpdate.c and
> src/include/rewrite/viewUpdate.h. The third file, upd-views.sql, is
> intended to be a new regression test. Extra points if the table therein
> is completed correctly.
>
> I haven't tested the array stuff at all.
>
> Comments from Bernd and Jaime are especially welcome if I've broken
> something that used to work on their patch :-)

Here's the current reworked version of the patch. I've fixed some broken
code in the patch
and ifdef'ed the DEFAULT stuff out (Jaime is working on that), some
functions got
some more detailed comments and i've dropped some functions which aren't
used
anymore due to some redesign of the code.

If someone wants to look at the current updatable view patch, please look
at this current
version.

--
Thanks

Bernd

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql_view_update.patch application/octet-stream 58.4 KB
viewUpdate.c text/x-csrc 56.3 KB
viewUpdate.h text/x-chdr 656 bytes
upd-views.txt text/plain 4.7 KB