To: Mr. Al Cohen: Your Reply To My Previous Post (which database to use/buy)

From: rgsrose(at)tiac(dot)net (Bob)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: To: Mr. Al Cohen: Your Reply To My Previous Post (which database to use/buy)
Date: 2004-03-20 15:00:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello:

Thank you for your reply regarding which of the three data bases I
should
probably go with. Have a feeling I'll probably spend the $ and go
with Access, but would certainly like to try mysql first.

Have downloaded it properly, I think, but can't get it to run.

Not to sharp with this, so please bear with me.

In the "bin" folder there are a few icons that are apparently .exe

If I click on any of them, what appears to be a DOS screen comes up,
but only stays up for a second or two, then goes away.

Is this what I should be seeing ?

Why does it disappear ? (running W98)

What might I be doing wrong ?
(what should I be clicking on to get started?)

Much thanks, appreciate your help.

Bob