Allow an alias for the target table in UPDATE

From: Atsushi Ogawa <atsushi(dot)ogawa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Allow an alias for the target table in UPDATE
Date: 2005-11-28 14:07:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am interested in a following item in TODO.

o Allow an alias to be provided for the target table in
UPDATE/DELETE
This is not SQL-spec but many DBMSs allow it.

I think that this functionality is useful for the migration from
other RDBMS. However the SQL92 spec does not allow an alias for
the target table in UPDATE.
Is it still TODO? If it is TODO, I will try it.

--- Atsushi Ogawa