Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to InstallCheck failure]

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pgbuildfarm-members] [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to InstallCheck failure]
Date: 2007-04-26 10:47:02
Lists: buildfarm-members pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> This was another occurance of the strange create index failure on
> Narwhal - unfortunately, despite having 'keep_error_builds' => 1 in my
> BF config it seems to have removed the tree so I can't get the dump that
> Tom wanted.
>
> Does anyone know why the keep_error_builds option didn't work in this
> case? Or have I misinterpreted it's meaning?

Well, "anyone" will usually be me ;-)

To the best of my knowledge and belief it does work. This is the code it
should cause to be executed:

my $timestr = strftime "%Y-%m-%d-%H:%M:%S", localtime($now);
move("$pgsql", "pgsqlkeep.$timestr");
move("inst", "instkeep.$timestr") if (-d "inst") ;

Please see if you can trap the script stdout/stderr somewhere so that next
time it fails you can send it to me.

How exactly do you have the buildfarm runs automated? Maybe that does a
little cleaning of its own?

cheers

andrew