Re: Time to start the PR machine

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date: 2005-08-28 03:09:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

elein(at)varlena(dot)com (elein) writes:
> Very nice first shot. I think you are getting the hang
> of this :)
>
> My suggestion overall is to identify the ones where
> "magic" just happens and the one you have to do something
> to use. It seems that the ones that just improve overall
> are strong this time with bitmap indexes and improved
> multiprocessor performance.

Speaking of bitmap indexes, let's keep in the queue somewhere the fact
that updates should go into the following Wikipedia page once 8.1 is
released...

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems>

There may be something to be added vis-a-vis table partitioning; the
table indicates that isn't supported, but I'm not sure that's entirely
true...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/linuxdistributions.html