Re: BUG #5261: Invalide page header

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Takesver Kumar Thakur <takesver(dot)thakur(at)mobilefundas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5261: Invalide page header
Date: 2010-01-04 19:28:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Takesver Kumar Thakur
<takesver(dot)thakur(at)mobilefundas(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5261
> Logged by:          Takesver Kumar Thakur
> Email address:      takesver(dot)thakur(at)mobilefundas(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: postgresql-8.1
> Operating system:   centos 5
> Details:
>
> Hi ,
>
>  I received warning on my postgres db,when I fire query,so please provide me
> any possible solution.
>
> WARNING:  invalid page header in block 32129 of relation "cdr"; zeroing out
> page

I suspect that this is caused by one of two things:

1. You haven't specified which minor version of PostgreSQL 8.1 you are
running, but if it's not the latest one (8.1.19) you should upgrade.
There may be data corruption bugs that have been fixed in newer
versions. I would suggest a dump and reload cycle to make sure you've
got a clean install, if that's practical.

- or -

2. Your hardware is busted.

...Robert