Re: CF 2009-09: initial reviewing assignments

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CF 2009-09: initial reviewing assignments
Date: 2009-09-27 16:51:48
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Is there another patch you'd like me to work on?
>
> Lock wait statistics says it needs review, but the last comment
> suggests it is waiting on author.

It looks like there is one outstanding TODO item, but it doesn't seem
to be a very big one, so I think that would be an excellent choice.

> Enhancements to COPY (error logging and autopartitioning) says it is
> waiting on author but last comment suggests perhaps it is ready for
> review.

Good catch, fixed.

> So I think I need some guidance on what I should be doing.

Go for lock wait stats.

As a side note, what we really need to focus on at this point in the
CommitFest is getting closure. If you have reviewed a patch and a new
version has been posted, please check whether it looks good and if so
mark the patch Ready for Committer. If you have reviewed a patch and
a new version has NOT been posted for 4-5 days, post a note saying
that you are marking the patch Returned with Feedback and do so.

The CommitFest will be half over in 48 hours and we have only closed
19 of 48 patches - that is not good.

...Robert