Re: Need more reviewers!

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need more reviewers!
Date: 2008-09-05 11:35:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> That way, instead of just an appeal to the masses to volunteer for
> $NEBULOUS_TASK, we can say something like "Please volunteer to review
> patches. Doing an initial patch review is easy, please see our guide
> <link> to learn more."

+1. I'll review a patch if you like, but the patch I have in this
'fest is only one of two I've ever submitted, and my understanding of
PG guts is very weak, so I confidently predict that me looking at it
has maybe 5% of the value of a committer looking at it, so I'm not
sure that really gets us anywhere. Even if I think the patch is
great, my opinion doesn't and shouldn't carry much weight compared to
someone like Simon or Zdenek who are probably perceived by the
committers as much more likely to have a clue, so the committer is
just going to end up reviewing it all over again anyway.

...Robert