Views and Rules???

From: Dev <dev(at)umpa-us(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Views and Rules???
Date: 2003-10-01 15:20:56
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I may be going about this all wrong but...
I have a view that selects data from multiple tables(naturally).
The trick i would like to see happen is to have a rule or something rune on
the select of that view to set a bool field to true (t);

Is this even do able?
I noticed that triggers only work on INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE.
I also noticed the rules will run on SELECT as long as you DO INSTEAD SELECT

Thanks to all for the help!