Re: trouble with the postmaster

From: Cory Kempf <ckempf(at)enigami(dot)com>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble with the postmaster
Date: 2000-01-22 00:32:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Benjamin Cochran <bdc33(at)imap3(dot)asu(dot)edu> writes:

> I'm having trouble starting the postmaster on ports other then the
> default port with the -i option. It starts fine and everything runs well
> And if I type:
> postmaster -p 1234
> but if I try:
> postmaster -i -p 42

Only root can assign sockets below 1k. Postmaster doesn't
run as root.

+C

--
Have you signed up to be a bone marrow doner? All it takes is a simple
blood test, and it can save a life. <http://www.marrow.org>

Cory Kempf Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf(at)enigami(dot)com <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>