question about count(b) where b is a custom type

From: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: question about count(b) where b is a custom type
Date: 2005-11-16 09:05:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi folks

We're developing here gist index (which works finally, and I remember
about writing some docs about it).
I have few fprintf(stderr,""") in function that converts internal
rep. into string. I was really supprised to see them on me screen when :
select count(b) from blah where b ~ 'something';
was issued. What the hell, isn't it wrong ? I don't need strings to
count results, right ?
IMO this is a serious bug.
What do yah think ?

--
GJ

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called Research, would
it?" - AE