Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

From: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports
Date: 2011-10-20 00:02:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've recently gotten annoyed again by the sorry state of docbook
SGML support in macports, and finally decided to do something
about it (OK, the fact that I recently deleted my Ubuntu VM,
forgetting that one of the reasons I had it was to be able to
build our docs has something to do with it also...)

I've patched the ports for openjade, iso8879 and docbook-dsssl,
and added a new port for docbook-sgml-4.2. These patches are sitting
in the macports trac now, waiting to be applied.

In the mean time, the modified ports are all contained in the
attached tar.bz2, should any of ye fellow OSX users want to try them
out before that.

Simply extract that archive, and add
file://<Absolute path to the extracted archive>
to /opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf. After that,
port install openjade docbook-sgml-4.2
should give you a working docbook SGML environment.

Should openjade fail to build, try
port install openjade -universal
instead. On my machine, with XCode 4.2 installed, the universal variant
of openjade fails to build for some reason.

Many thanks to Bernd Helmle for his blog entry on the subject of
docbook SGML and macports[1]. Without that, I probably would have
created a new Ubuntu VM instead of playing with this.

best regards,
Florian Pflug

[1] http://psoos.blogspot.com/2009/09/building-postgresql-documentation-on.html

Attachment Content-Type Size
macports.docbook-sgml-4.2.tar.bz2 application/x-bzip2 9.4 KB