COPY permissions problem - Windows XP

From: "Nolen, Terry" <Terry(dot)Nolen(at)sabre(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY permissions problem - Windows XP
Date: 2005-12-21 22:32:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm new to postgresql and I'm trying to test the copy command with a csv
file. I keep getting an error which states that I don't have read
permissions.

My database is owned by postgres, and I'm signed in as postgres. The
table that I'm placing the data into has a different owner. I've tried
changing privileges in windows to allow all access to everyone on this
machine access. I've even shared the machine with external users. I've
move the file to different directorys and created a tablespace with my
new table in it, into the postgres data directory.

I see this type of error on many boards, but they tend to be with a
flavor of unix. I'm really not getting the premise behind what is going
on and why. Could you please assist?

Terry Nolen
Sabre Airline Solutions
682-605-1173