postgres and webmin

From: "Danyelle Gragsone" <ladynikon(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres and webmin
Date: 2007-06-27 08:30:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I am trying to setup postgres and postfix using webmin. I am
following this guide:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Email:_A_Complete_Virtual_System_-_Postfix_to_Postgres

I received the following in the postgres db section of webmin:
select * from pg_database order by datname failed : no pg_hba.conf
entry for host "[local]", user "postgres", database "template1", SSL
off

I sadly have no clue on how to go by fixing this. Please help :) It
talks about this error in the guide. But it really does not tell you
how to fix it specifically. I don't even see a section in the area
specified for the authentication they are suggesting.

Operating system Gentoo Linux
Webmin version 1.350

I believe the problem is in this section.
host all all 10.2.0.202 255.255.255.255 trust
# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
host all all ::1/128 trust