Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode

From: "Narasimha Murthy-VRFX87" <VRFX87(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Clarification required: autovacuum and VACUUM command mode
Date: 2010-05-14 14:20:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have planned to schedule Lazy Vacuum (, not FULL Vacuum) using auto-vacuum daemon.

Another query: I do not want to run Analyze. However, auto-vacuum runs both both VACUUM and ANALYZE. I do not see any option to disable running ANALYZE during auto-vacuum. Is there any way to achive this?

Pl clarify.

Regards, Narasimha Murthy
Cell +91 95814 98895, +91-94940 62794 | 040-2347 2025 (O) | x2025 (O)