Migrating a live database

From: Vladislav Geller <vladislav(dot)geller(at)vincorex(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migrating a live database
Date: 2011-01-18 05:07:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of migrating a huge live database from one part of the world to the other (for local use and data analysis). The bandwidth does not allow me to get a decent transfer speed. Furthermore i can not migrate during business hours since the connection is critical. This leaves me with a timeframe of 9 hours a day where i can migrate this database. Does anyone have experience he is willing to share in respect how to migrate such databases?

Regards,
Vladislav Geller