Re: Comparing sequential rows in a result

From: "Murray Long" <murray(at)skyrove(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Comparing sequential rows in a result
Date: 2008-10-29 09:25:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Here's one solution:

create temp sequence tsec;
create temp table ttab as select nextval('tsec'), * from (select * from
events where event_type='a' order by timestamp desc) as troz;
select ttab.*, ttab2.timestamp-ttab.timestamp from ttab join ttab as ttab2
on ttab2.nextval = ttab.nextval+1;

This works, but seems a very messy way to accomplish somehting quite simple.