Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Date: 2016-03-14 15:32:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/23/16 2:17 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:

> As a continuation of the thread firstly dedicated to SCRAM:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/55192AFE.6080106@iki.fi
> Here is a new thread aimed at gathering all the ideas of this previous
> thread and aimed at clarifying a bit what has been discussed until now
> regarding password protocols, verifiers, and SCRAM itself.

It looks like this patch set is a bit out of date.

When applying 0004:

$ git apply
../other/0004-Remove-password-verifiers-for-unsupported-protocols-.patch
error: patch failed: src/bin/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.c:262
error: src/bin/pg_upgrade/pg_upgrade.c: patch does not apply

Then I tried to build with just 0001-0003:

cd /postgres/src/include/catalog && '/usr/bin/perl' ./duplicate_oids
3318
3319
3320
3321
3322
make[3]: *** [postgres.bki] Error 1

Could you provide an updated set of patches for review? Meanwhile I am
marking this as "waiting for author".

Thanks,
--
-David