Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"

From: Artur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Mac OS: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"
Date: 2016-01-27 10:59:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 27.01.2016 13:46, Shulgin, Oleksandr wrote:

> Not sure why the file uses "SET KOI8-R" directive then?

This directive is used only by Hunspell program. PostgreSQL ignores this
directive and assumes that input affix and dictionary files in the UTF-8
encoding.

> What error message do you get with this test program? (I don't get any,
> but I'm not on Mac OS.)
> --
> Alex

With this program you will get wrong output. A error message is not
called. You can execute the following commands:

> cc test.c -o test
> ./test

You will get the output:

SFX/Y/?/аться/шутся