oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: oldest/newestCommitTs output by pg_controldata
Date: 2015-12-27 01:08:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In looking at the exposing pg_controldata as function patch again, it
struck me that the following output seems wrong:

Latest checkpoint's oldestCommitTs: 20257
Latest checkpoint's newestCommitTs: 84159

Those numbers are XIDs, not timestamps. Shouldn't we either emit the
actual timestamps, or else rename those to oldest/newestCommitXID?

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com