Re: 9.5 beta pg_upgrade documentation

From: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.5 beta pg_upgrade documentation
Date: 2015-08-23 14:45:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I think we should add a step 6.5 (before step 7 Stop both servers) with something like:

If you are upgrading both a primary and standby, then we need to make sure the standby is caught up.
If you are wal shipping then on primary run: select pg_switch_xlog();
shut down primary
before you shut down the standby make sure it gets caught up to the primary.

I don't think its 100% required for them to be exact, is it? If they are a little different then rsync has more data to xfer from primary to standby ... but it would still work. Right?

-Andy